DIGITAL DIRECTOR DIPLOMA IN 5 YEARS
(Master’s degree equivalent)
CONPUTER GRAPHICS (CG) SPECIALIZATION
- Hard surface modeling
- Organic modeling
- Advanced texturing
- 3D environments
- Concept art
- FX: Houdini, ncloth, Hair & Fur, fluid, particles
- Tracking, camera mapping
- Lighting, shading, and color grading
- CG rotoscoping
- Spatial reconstruction
- Skinning setup
GOALS OF THE CG SPECIALIZATION
- Acquire advanced technical skills in computer graphics
- Master all stages of the digital production chain: control of the organization and distribution of animation and compositing work, direction and supervision of CGI, artistic direction of projects, knowledge of cinema and CG trades, post-production methodology, production management and monitoring, audiovisual law, management, business creation, etc.
- Master CG software: Houdini, Maya, Zbrush, ncloth, Arnold, Vray, Mental Ray, etc.
The Computer Graphics sector provides full employment in all types of fields:
- CG artist
- FX artist
- 3D lead
- Environment artist
- Lighting / Shading artist
- Texturing artist, etc.
3RD YEAR / CG SPECIALIZATION
- Improve skills around designing 3D universes (Hard Surface modeling, lighting, shading, rendering, integration, compositing, etc.)
- Refine your artistic and creative skills (film analysis, screenplay, film culture, artistic development, etc.)
- Working in a team to complete a production project
- BAC (or equivalent) + 2 years of higher education studies
- Present an artistic portfolio demonstrating solid CG Animation knowledge
- Participate in an individual interview and complete a written exam
4TH YEAR / CG SPECIALIZATION
- Mastery of technical and artistic know-how
- Internship of 6 to 8 weeks in a professional environment: adaptation and becoming a valued member of the team
- Mastery of professional 3D animation software
- Creating a professional demo reel
- Management of a team and a project
- Creation of innovative projects
5TH YEAR / CG SPECIALIZATION
This year is entirely devoted to the development of a graduation project and the transition into a professional environment.
During this year, students test their ability to supervise a team and projects in conditions identical to those within production studios.
Professionals intervene throughout the year to bring their expertise and share their experience. The 5th year ends with a graduation jury, which includes rapid job interviews. As a final graduation requirement, each student must complete a detailed report regarding his/her first postgraduate job or internship.
- Making a short 3D animation or VFX film
- Confronting the realities of a production and developing additional professional experiences
- Making a formal presentation in front of a jury of professional artists (representatives of the largest French and international production studios)
- Participating in rapid job interviews and managing first job offers
- 1st YEAR: BAC (or equivalent) + artistic portfolio + individual interview + written exam
- 2n YEAR: BAC (or equivalent) + 1 year of higher education courses (preferably in Fine Arts) + artistic portfolio + individual interview + written exam
- 3rd YEAR: BAC (or equivalent) + 2 years of higher education courses + artistic portfolio demonstrating a solid base in CG + individual interview + written exam
Annual tuition & fees (2018/2019)
- 1st year : 6800 €
- 2nd to 5th year : 7 800 € / year
Registration fess : 1st time (350 €) / renewal (250 €) / Additional costs to anticipate (Social Security, equipment and school supplies)
Beginning in their second year of studies, all students are required to have a personal computer.
- Online application period begins December 1, 2017.
- Questions ? Click here !